£65000 - £85000 per annum + bonus, package
06 October 2021
05 December 2021
Job Title - Associate Director - Risk
Locations - Manchester / Coventry / Bristol / London
Salary - up to £85k plus car allowance, bonus, and an excellent benefits package
Cobalt is working with one of the UK's most formidable consultancies with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by their values to deliver lasting change for their stakeholders and the communities they work in. Their purpose is to improve people's lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for their people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
Our client provides pmo services (project controls, planning and scheduling, risk and change management) to their clients who operates within the rail / transport / utilities and powers sectors. Projects can vary from construction through to infrastructure work. Projects can be any type of civil engineering works including utilities, roads, walkways, bridges, tunnelling through electrification, signalling and other works. They may also be involved in refurbishment and new build construction work. Often, our client is managing multiple projects at any one time with values ranging from hundreds of thousands of pounds to multi-million-pound projects. Exposure of having experience of working in the role on the above type of projects is essential.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and guidance in risk, across the programme / projects.
- Adhering to the established risk and project control standards supporting the continuous improvement of these as required.
- Generating and maintaining relevant risk information/registers facilitating the identification of risks (threats / opportunities) and issues where appropriate / required ensuring their effective management.
- Working with key stakeholders to assess the impact of identified risks developing appropriate mitigating plans and strategies, actions, tracking and management of these.
- Supporting cost control, risk and change management teams where appropriate.
- Supporting the production of monthly risk reporting through the provision of intelligent information, analysis provision of suitable metrics / KPI's.
- Producing analysis of trends, generating performance indicators, and providing feedback on areas of risk and opportunities.
- Providing quantitative risk analysis (QRA - cost / schedule) including those schedules provided by contractors and suppliers.
- Evaluating data to support cost and programme contingencies.
- Supporting the estimating process.
- Establishing and foster working relationships with all appropriate stakeholders pursuant to the discharging of your responsibilities or in aid of theirs.
- Providing ad hoc support to wider project controls function to develop the capability of the team.
- Adhering to the current monthly project controls cycle and processes and support with any future development.
You have a degree in engineering, construction, risk or equivalent suitable qualification. You have experience of working within a risk role in the construction / infrastructure sectors. You have a detailed understanding of risk methodologies, mitigation processes and techniques within an enterprise environment. You are a member of the Institute of Risk Management (IRM) and/or the Association of Project Managers (APM).
You are an expert in risk management and/or other related project controls functions. You have a working knowledge of risk quantification incl. cost and schedule risk analysis. You have demonstrable evidence of managing diverse stakeholders. You have experience in risk management process development and implementation. You have a proven ability to create new solutions to manage risk.
If you feel that this is the role for you, please apply with your up to date CV.