£40000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + benefits
30 April 2021
29 June 2021
Senior Block Manager
My client, specialising in property development, property lettings and property management operating throughout the country, is recruiting for a Senior Property Manager to join their team. This ambitious and fast-growing organisation operates the block and property management function of the group, with around £5m of Residential and Student service charges currently under management in the UK.
The ideal candidate will have experience of Property Management and leading teams within a property environment, including handling service charges, an understanding of leasehold management and an awareness of compliance regulations. A strong focus on customer service is required, for internal and external stakeholders at all levels. The successful candidate will have specific experience of working across new builds, handovers and mobilisation. An IRPM qualification is desired, AIRPM or preferably MIRPM, or RICS equivalent.
- Develop, implement and maintain Property Management processes, in line with business strategies.
- Take a leading role within the Property Management team, responsible for overseeing staff and site management.
- Preparation of annual service charge budgets, management of H&S and insurance compliance.
- Day to day management of sites, particularly with regard to high profile or high value works.
- Assist with preparation of service charge proposals and tender / bid documents for new business, alongside the BDM and Directors.
- Manage communications with various potential client groups including developers, right to manage (RTM) company contacts and resident management company (RMC) directors.
- Reporting to Directors on progress, business performance and compliance.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK property development or management market.
- Understanding of Property Management, including leasehold and compliance issues.
- IRPM qualifications desired, ideally to Member / MIRPM level, although Associate / AIRPM considered, with suitable experience. Study support for this and any other relevant qualifications will be provided.
- Excellent relationship building skills, both internally and externally, at all levels.
- Experience of managing a team of staff, workloads and projects.
- Knowledge of a Property management systems:- MRI Qube PM, Propman or similar.
- Experience of Major Works, Section 20 consultations, Fire Safety works, cladding issues.
- Working knowledge of ARMA guidelines and requirements.
- Previous experience as Senior Property Manager/Team Leader.
The role will require some national travel but will predominantly be based in the office in Manchester.