Highly competitive salary + bonus
10 May 2021
09 July 2021
We are working on behalf of a very highly regarded and rapidly growing renewable energy private equity fund based in Switzerland to hire an Assistant Vice President. Established for a number of years, they have built a multibillion dollar portfolio of high performing assets across Europe. Currently raising a new and significant fund, the group are continuing to actively invest and partner with the senior management of portfolio companies to add value to the businesses through developing strategies and operations.
As the business continues to regularly invest and raise a new fund, there is an urgent need to hire an Assistant VP to play a key role in the execution of investments across Europe. This is an excellent opportunity for a top-tier renewable energy banker or PE professional to join a growing fund where you will have the chance to build an impressive deal sheet and long term career whilst having the chance to step up over time.
The AVP will:
- Report directly to the Co-Heads of the Investment Team and play a key role in the execution and management of investments.
- Take responsibility for the execution of deals by overseeing junior members of the team and be hands on with conducting financial analysis and building financial models.
- Lead the due diligence processes whilst managing and coordinating third party advisors.
- Prepare Investment Committee presentations and memorandums.
- Support senior management with origination efforts, negotiating on deals and presenting opportunities to the Investment Committee.
- Regularly interact with senior management of portfolio companies to develop the strategies and operations to increase the value of the assets.
- Provide training to junior members of the team when needed.
Interested candidates must:
- Be currently sitting in a Junior VP (or equivalent) position within a top-tier bank or private equity fund.
- Have a good understanding of the renewable energy market with proven deal experience.
- Possess an excellent technical background with the ability to build financial models from scratch.
- Hold a business, finance, engineering or equivalent degree from a highly regarded university.
- Be fluent in English and at least one other European language.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Be entrepreneurial and motivated to join a growing fund and relocating to Zurich.
The criteria listed above will be strictly applied. If you feel you meet the requirements, you are respectfully requested to submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Cobalt are specialists in the Infrastructure & Renewable Energy market.