£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
19 March 2021
18 May 2021
Client Accountant, Full Time, Permanent, Birmingham, £28,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Cobalt are delighted to be working alongside one of the UK's leading property consultancies, with a new mandate for a Client Accountant in their central Birmingham office.
- To ensure the maintenance of lease details on the database is performed in an accurate & timely manner.
- Maintain and update property service charge year end and budget information on the database, monitor budget to actual reporting and actively manage shortfalls in the service charge account.
- Assume full responsibility and control of the quarterly timetable for own portfolio for all regular charges and liaising with the admin team.
- Review of all bank account reconciliations for the portfolio and ensuring that the reconciling items are dealt with correctly on a monthly basis.
- Responsibility of budget monitoring of own portfolio and reporting exceptions.
- Carry out quarterly reviews of the Service Charge accounts with surveyor/facilities manager
- Complete year end reviews with surveyors and BGVA appointed accountants.
- Produce monthly financial reporting and take responsibility for Client statement updates.
- Produce VAT reports including monthly or quarterly reconciliation and settlement of the VAT account.
- Report directly to Clients at regular finance/accounts review meetings both on/off-site
- Arrange all Rental/Insurance receipts to be transferred to clients, proving ad-hoc requests as appropriate
- Assist PMA Helpdesk with all queries they need resolving in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for weekly/monthly updates to departmental control and compliance reports for the portfolio.
- Have a proactive approach to risk management
The ideal candidate must be:
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA either part qualified or fully chartered.
- Experience of operating in the property industry.
- Experience of service charge
This is the perfect role for someone looking to join a true market leader with a brilliant client reputation and a vibrant working environment.
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert with your most recent CV.