US$120000.00 - US$180000.00 per annum
16 June 2020
15 August 2020
Title: Construction Estimator - Miscellaneous Metals
Our client is a forty-year veteran miscellaneous metals trade contractor in the Commercial and Residential Construction industry. They are a privately held Construction firm with strong financial backing, and their consistent quality and expertise ensures a robust repeat client base. As their organization and pipeline is seeing aggressive growth, they are looking to add an experienced Estimator to their team.
The estimator will work closely with other members of the team to support the preconstruction phase, perform bid proposals, budget preparation and assist with value engineering for ongoing construction projects. Additional responsibilities include:
- Review construction documents, miscellaneous metals plans & specifications while understanding the full scope of work to bid
- Execute bid takeoff and material pricing estimates
- Clarify and preempt any potential problem areas
- See the life cycle of a bid through in its entirety; from invitation to finalizing proposal for submission and construction
- Possess an in-depth understanding of miscellaneous metals erection phases, time units for various construction phases, requirements for crane size and location of general equipment requirements
- Develop, maintain and grow client and vendor relationships from project inception to completion
- Bid follow up/Change orders
Only candidates that can display the following experience and qualities will be considered:
- At least 5+ years' of significant and specific miscellaneous metals trade experience, including estimating, shop fabrication, and steel erection.
- Exceptionally skilled in reading and understanding architectural, structural and site drawings as well as the application of regional building codes related to miscellaneous metals
- Relevant math, technical writing, and computer skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with all levels of the organization, customers and vendors
- Proven ability to run projects on time and on/under budget.
- First class references, strong communication skills, attention to detail and a can do, proactive mentality.
Competitive Base + Bonus + Benefits