Up to £40000.00 per annum
15 May 2020
14 July 2020
Key role for a large Build to Rent Development, based in Birmingham City Centre
Up to £40,000 plus a discretionary annual bonus
My client is a leading provider of services to several Build to Rent clients across the UK. They are currently seeing a proven General Manager (GM) to deliver exception and consistence service levels to its current and future residents at a large Build to Rent scheme in the heart of the city centre. Reporting directly to the Portfolio Manager, the GM will be responsible for the managing and mentoring the on-site team, overseeing resident communication and engagement, budgeting, and contractor management.
In addition to leading the on-site team, you will be responsible for ensuring that high levels of customer service are provided to residents at all times, creating a strong sense of community whilst making sure that all statutory Health & Safety requirements are met across all aspects of the scheme. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Ensure all enquires and repair issues are dealt with in line with agreed service levels
- Forge productive relationships with key service partners and seek economies of scale for the efficient running of the building
- Create a community feel through communication, events, and innovations
- Ensure available apartments and communal areas are always presented at the highest possible standards
- Set market rents for lettings and renewals
- Coordinate marketing activity on portals, social media, and advertising, in line with client budgets
- Oversee performance and where necessary train team members on lettings and administration functions, customer service and communication
- Oversee the property management function, dealing with all maintenance and repair issues
- Carry out regular inspections of communal areas and apartments
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety compliance utilising systems and liaising with the FM team as required
- Deal with litigation and insurance claims as required
- Whilst managing the on-site team, undertake regular performance appraisals, maintaining motivation and engagement
- Provide regular asset performance reports to the Portfolio Manager
The appointed General Manager must be able to demonstrate strong team management and property experience, preferably across lettings and block management. You will possess a knowledge and passion for the Build to Rent sector and will ideally hold either the ARLA or IRPM accreditation. This is a truly excellent time to be joining a business who engage with Build to Rent clients renowned for delivering quality schemes. A competitive salary, bonus and benefits package is available to the appointed candidate.
Please apply online, outlining your suitability for this position.