London, Greater London
03 May 2022
02 July 2022
The firm is seeking to hire a London-based Vice President with investment experience in a real estate private equity or investment management firm. As a Vice President within the Acquisitions division, you will work with the group in sourcing, analysing, and closing of joint venture partnerships and investments. Candidates should be self-starters who possess excellent analytical skills, strong understanding of Excel and financial modeling, and superior written, research, and oral communication skills. Critical industry skills include finance expertise and investment acumen. The individual must be able to effectively allocate time between multiple immediate, short-term and medium-term tasks, changing priorities, strict deadlines and provide analytical support for multiple people across the team.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Working closely with the firm's principals, the Vice President will help originate, execute, underwrite, and close the firm's acquisitions efforts. Core and opportunistic returns will be targeted.
· Be involved in the acquisitions process, including due diligence, acquisitions underwriting, deal structuring and negotiating, as well as preparing investment recommendations and making presentations to the firm's Investment Committee.
· In addition to leveraging the firm's network of operating partners, this individual will seek to originate new transactions and strategically work with a variety of sources to identify opportunities and new markets.
· Developing and maintaining relationships with joint venture partners, local developers and brokers will be important to identify and close investments. Investments could include joint venture partnerships with local operating partners, single-asset acquisitions, development and portfolio acquisitions.
· Develop strong relationships with the firm's senior leadership.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Investment experience gained at a real estate private equity or investment management firm.
· Demonstrated track record of investing successfully. Have sound investment judgment and the ability to develop a broad array of relationships among operating partners, brokers, and owners.
· Strong underwriting, financial analysis and negotiating skills. Possess exemplary interpersonal skills and will work collaboratively with other functional groups within the organization, including asset management, legal, tax, and finance.
· In addition, the successful candidate will be a solid all round team player and will participate in training the firm's Associates. The candidate will also interface with asset management and accounting on certain assignments.
· They should have a proactive, energetic, creative disposition and be capable of solving problems independently with resourcefulness, and through the effective management of others. The successful candidate must be strategic but also must be sufficiently hands-on to ensure proper execution.
· Furthermore, the individual must be bright, entrepreneurial and results oriented. They must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. A high sense of urgency is also expected.