Motherwell, North Lanarkshire
£45,000 - £75,000 per annum + car allowance, pension, package
07 February 2024
07 April 2024
Job Title - Project Planning Engineer / Senior Planning Engineer
Location - Scotland - Central belt
Salary - up to £75,000 plus a car allowance / travel / health / pension / bonus
The Client and Role
Cobalt is currently working with a global tier one contractor that has an exciting opportunity for a Planning Enginner and a Senior Planning Engineer to join their Power Transmission & Distribution business based in the Glasgow area.
You will be working on a variety of OHL, Underground Cabling and Substation projects across Scotland up to value of £100m. Although this role is based in their Motherwell office, there will be a requirement for the successful individual to work onsite (based onsite once Construction Works commence), coupled with site visits and some opportunity for homeworking.
Our client is open to sector experience, but all applicants should be accomplished P6 Planners with knowledge of Project Controls.
What you'll be doing
On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for the following:
* Support the planning and monitoring of all activities within the project programmes.
* Ensure the delivery of weekly and monthly programme reports in line with the project reporting timetable.
* Maintain an accurate fully logically linked programme in line with the contract requirements.
* Participate in the development of the planning team and promotion of best practices
Key Responsibilities: (For all major and complex programmes)
* Plan, structure and lead the planning of the project programme of works.
* Manage the interface between the programme and the operational staff through structured meetings, programme and progress reporting.
* Highlight both the dependencies and the interfaces between stakeholders.
* Identify programme risks and propose mitigation strategies.
* Identify programme opportunities and propose capture strategies.
* Maintain a fully logically linked Primavera P6 project programme
* Ensure the schedule is resourced (plant and personnel) and update to reflect modifications in execution strategy. This will require close work with the project delivery team to regularly maintain the status of the programme.
Who we're looking for
* Competent Primavera P6 user- preferably within Power Transmission projects
* Significant Operational experience of complex large construction projects.
* Proven Experience of Project Management methodology
* Proven ability in working with engineering / operational teams to capture real time progress.
* Excellent communication / presentation skills.
* Experience working in an NEC3 contract environment
* Experience in Mentoring of Junior Planning Staff
* Experience of Change Management techniques
* Experience of SQRA
If you feel that this is the job for you, please apply with your latest CV