£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + strong benefits
26 February 2021
27 April 2021
Position: Senior Engineer
Salary: 45,000 - 55,000 DOE with benefits
An opportunity for a Senior Engineer to work on a significant project within a civil engineering division in a world-leading Main Contractor working across the rail, highways, and energy sectors.
My client is currently seeking a Senior Engineer on a permanent basis to work on a £100 million contract for the construction of a Resource Recovery Facility (RRF), which will be one of the largest publicly owned facilities of its kind in London with capacity to manage 135,000 tonnes of recyclable material every year.
Summary of Role
- To manage the engineering on a section/project to ensure the works are delivered to meet the client's expectations generally working within larger teams or self-sufficient on smaller projects.
- They should be comfortable with decision making and have a sound understanding of not only the safety, programme and quality implications of decisions but also the commercial implications.
- Understanding and implementation of BIM and BIM Level 2 processes including the value, benefits and investment, supporting documentation and standards and the barriers of implementation.
- Carries out basic research to identify engineering systems from outside personal experience.
- Takes a holistic approach to appraising options considering project-wide impacts and opportunities for improvement.
- Engages with consultants and manages the development of engineering solutions and designs.
- Takes the lead in resolving engineering and logistical problems.
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers to construct the works safely.
- Ensure that risk assessments and method statements are maintained.
- Develop construction methodology.
Qualification-BEng/BSc in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
HSEQ Training-NRSWA Supervisor or IOSH Avoiding Danger from Underground Services
First Aid; RD8000 and TX3 training
In-depth experience of delivery of bulk earthworks, civils works including drainage and ducting, reinforced concrete and steel structures, hard and soft landscaping, envelope, and internal elements of and the works in industrial buildings with basements, offices and mixed-use buildings.
The candidate will also have experience of temporary works supervision and temporary and permanent works design coordination.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Engineer to progress their career on the Main Contractor side; to apply for this position, please submit your CV in Word format