£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
06 May 2022
05 July 2022
Assistant Asset Manager
£30,000 - £35,000
My client, an established and multi-award-winning PRS housing provider with incredible growth plans, is seeking an Assistant Asset Manager for their Manchester team. The rapidly expanding portfolio currently sits at circa 4,000 and with recent new investment, the business is looking to deliver 5,000 homes per year. This is a great time to join a growing, ambitious company with big plans for its team and the future.
Reporting into the Asset Manager, the successful applicant will ideally have experience in both residential property management and lettings and will have an exceptional track record of managing maintenance spend, KPIs, reactive and long-term contracts and quality control.
A good understanding of housing legislation and health and safety management to minimise operational risk to the funds is also important.
The applicant will be responsible for achieving value and quality from maintenance contracts, through day-to-day cost management of contractors/agents and also site and property inspections to ensure quality of workmanship.
- Approve /monitor/coordinate all maintenance issues arising on a daily basis
- Be responsible for the control of all maintenance budgets and expenditure to meet the demands of the funds
- Deliver against all business performance and financial targets, ensure that risks are identified and managed and that regulatory and statutory requirements are met
- Assist with policy and procedure implementation to ensure clear and consistent ways of working
- Monitor all customer, agent and client facing KPI's
- Provide comment and analysis on maintenance budgeting and spend trends
- Support construction teams with advice on specification failures and building performance
- Work closely with the finance team to monitor raised work orders
- Regularly visit sites and liaise closely with the internal and external teams to ensure that any site maintenance issues are addressed effectively
- Proactively follow up with the Managing Agent and the building teams to ensure that repairs are dealt with
- Work closely with the Managing Agent and the internal marketing team to ensure customer complaints are being dealt with efficiently and effectively
- Work with the Managing Agent and construction partners to improve customer relations and experiences
- Assist the marketing team to implement customer communications
- Review the Managing Agent monthly reports and liaise on all matters arising
- Assist with monthly reports - rental income, arrears, bad debts, maintenance spend, Gross to Net figures, voids etc.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to integrate results
- IT literate - moderate Excel skills
- A flexible approach to working hours and location (driving licence and own vehicle essential)
- Ability to travel across the business to meet the requirements of the role
- Residential property management and lettings experience
- Managing maintenance spend
- KPI monitoring
- Manage reactive and long-term contracts
- Control a Schedule of Rates
- Quality control - Building repairs
- ARLA and/or IRPM qualifications desirable
- Fixflo experience desirable
- Relevant building and health & safety qualification
- Qualities - analytical, process-driven, a team player, decisive, strategic, able to look at the bigger picture
This team do not hire regularly, so do not delay in applying. The company offer a competitive salary, good benefits and a great office and team culture, with huge scope for progression.