Up to £27000.00 per annum
28 October 2020
24 November 2020
Credit Controller, Full-Time, Permanent, Birmingham, £27,000 Per Annum
Cobalt are delighted to be working alongside one of the world's leading property consultancies, with a new mandate for a Credit Controller in their central Birmingham office.
The Credit Controller works within a small team responsible for managing the recovery of monies from tenants/occupiers. The main objective of the role is tenant liaison regarding outstanding debts and managing the recovery of arrears.
Main duties of the role include:
- Chase arrears on behalf of clients in accordance with clients' debt recovery policies
- Ensuring surveyors are responsible for clients and tenants informed of progress in collecting arrears
- Maintaining records of debtor payment performance
- Report any tenant disputes and/or complaints to the surveyor and client accountant responsible
- Provide tenants with copies of any missing documentation
- Reconciling tenant statements
- Track repayments against agreed payment plans and notify surveyors and client accountants of any default
- Provide information to support the preparation of monthly credit control reports and aged debtor analyses
- Record details of conversations and actions agreed with tenants to clear outstanding arrears
- Agreeing all escalation steps to recover debts with the surveyor responsible prior to initiating action required
- Assist in the allocation of cash receipts during peak periods
The ideal candidate must have:
- Previous experience in a credit control and rent collection role busy office environment.
- Experience of using computer-based accounting systems, ideally Tramps, or similar packages such as Yardi Propware / Voyager, Qube Horizon.
- A qualification or part qualification in credit control and debt management or a related accounting discipline a distinct advantage.
- Must be highly numerate and accurate with strong attention to detail
- Must be tenacious and highly self-motivated
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Conscientious and highly focussed
- Good skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills with professional telephone manner
If you are interested in the above vacancy, please apply by uploading an up to date copy of your CV directly to this advert