£80000 - £100000 per annum + bonus and benefits
15 September 2021
14 November 2021
Head of Alternative Assets
Based remotely (NW preferred)
£80,000-100,000 (plus bonus and benefits)
My client is a leading land and property regeneration business with over 100 sites across the North West, Yorkshire and the Midlands. We have been instructed on a newly created position which will continue to support shareholder returns by increasing the pace, product mix and volume of direct vertical development across its portfolio. The business has identified a pipeline of circa 2,000 units on land it owns and controls for single family units. They are looking to develop their partnering approach to delivering a sector-leading UK purpose built multi-family accommodation platform. Senior Living, Build to Rent and Affordable products are seen as complimentary to the existing landbank which are earmarked for family residential. In order to deliver this platform, my client is looking to appoint a Head of Alternative Assets to work directly with the COO and Regional Directors to deliver this vision.
- Help formulate and implement the product diversification of the existing residential portfolio. Develop an understanding and new standard for the UK's private and affordable single family housing rental market, its delivery through master planning, contractor partnering, platform operating models and institutional investor funding.
- Increase commercial diversification in the residential space, examining and addressing the challenges of future homes standard, carbon neutrality, operational efficiency, scale and complimentary uses that can be deployed to mitigate traditional private market sales absorption rates, enhance value, augment placemaking and accelerate returns.
- Oversee the delivery of development and investment projects from masterplanning inception, construction, funding and ultimately value realisation.
- Perform testing and develop new products in conjunction with the COO and Head of Strategy. Examine technical and environmental challenges, and ensure the business continues to innovate the living standards offered in the communities it creates.
- A proven track record in the creation and delivery of either Senior Living, Build to Rent and Affordable Housing.
- Self-starter comfortable working with colleagues in growing product diversification, supporting placemaking, and comfortable representing the brand within important industry groups.
- Entrepreneurial, able to plan, launch and deliver key new products which complement the existing business.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills, able to make effective and persuasive presentations.
- Skilled at negotiating contracts and business transactions, managing risk, setting and meeting performance and service standards for advisors and partners.
- Fits into a familial entrepreneurial, supportive culture; attuned to the vision, goal and ethos of the business.
Please apply today with your current CV.