£22000.00 - £24000.00 per annum + benefits
23 November 2021
22 January 2022
Property Manager (AST)
Up to £24,000 (plus benefits)
My client, a multi-award-winning and leading global property business, is seeking a Property Manager for their expanding Manchester team. With over 150 years in the market and operating across all lines of the property industry, the opportunities for career progression are plentiful. A huge focus is on their most valued asset, their people, who are supported and nurtured through the whole of their careers.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure Landlords and Tenants receive an effective, customer focussed property management service during their tenancy.
The Property Managers are responsible for a wide range of tasks: customer care for clients, organising and conducting inspections and check outs, negotiating renewals and administrating deposit returns. You'll also be required to administer Tenancy Progression through to move in and to meet and greet clients.
You will be expected to take the lead on ensuring all required paperwork and checks that are carried out for each tenancy, with the support of your team, complying with all company processes, ARLA guidance and statutory legislation.
- Checking and preparing properties for new tenancies
- Ensuring all properties have a valid Gas Safety, EIC/EICR and PAT
- Arranging pre tenancy works in relation to special clauses agreed at offer point and ensuring timely completion
- Arranging the inventory and check in
- Preparing welcome packs for the tenant
- Meeting new tenants at the start of the tenancy
- Set up of utilities
- Deal with day to day property maintenance issues
- Planned maintenance
- Invoice management and processing
- Obtaining competitive quotations
- Organise renewal of safety certification and remedial works during the tenancy
- Carrying out mid-term property visits in line with our terms of business
- Prepare mid-term reports to send to the landlord and feedback to the tenant if a breach has been noted
- Negotiate renewals where appropriate
- Ensure that tenants are referenced appropriately and right to rent checks are obtained as well as verified Identification documents
- Negotiation and distribution of the deposit return
- Prospecting for and managing relationships with contractors and suppliers
- Participate in, and on occasions lead, morning and weekly team meetings.
- Ensure all company training is attended and completed
- Ideally be ARLA licensed/achieved the NFOPP Technical Award
- Strong IT Skills
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Have an ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Be adaptable and a good team player
- To have a strong work and service ethic
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Happy to take the initiative, responsibility and ownership
- Confident in dealing with clients
- Excellent telephone manner
- Have the desire to exceed clients and customers expectations
- Have a 'can do' attitude and adopt a proactive approach
Core hours will be Monday to Friday 0845 to 1730 with a requirement to work 1 in 3 Saturdays 1000 to 1600.
Apply with your CV and I look forward to speaking with you in more detail!