Liverpool, United Kingdom
£18000.00 - £210000.00 per annum + bonus
26 November 2020
25 January 2021
Sales and Lettings Consultant
Monday - Friday (occasional Saturday with day off in lieu)
Up to £21,000 (plus bonus)
My client, an organisation that is proud to regenerate places to create opportunities for people, is hiring! They help their clients buy, rent, sell and manage their homes. They manage over 2000 properties and have helped many buy their dream homes, with a particular focus on first time buyers through affordable products such as shared ownership.
Property is all about people. Handing over the keys to that all-important first home, helping a retired couple to downsize - and everything in between. You'll create seamless experiences that put customers front and centre; experiences that make buying, selling or renting a place an exciting opportunity - something to look forward to because the level of service you offer will be, quite simply, exceptional.
Your role will involve carrying out viewings for the sales and lettings properties as well as supporting and working with the wider branch team to help everyone achieve their performance goals. Whether you're registering the details of applicants, updating the database or keeping notes on your conversations with vendors/applicants, you'll always work to the highest standards of accuracy and efficiency. You'll be expected to look for opportunities to introduce extra services that will help customers, and to make the best use of the diary system to optimise those opportunities.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Meeting your own targets.
- Keeping branch and personal activity records.
- Negotiating between buyers and vendors/landlords and applicants to ensure the best price is achieved.
- Completing all legal documents relating to the sale or letting of property in the expected timeframe.
- Creating correspondence that's clear and professional.
- Carrying out business generation activities and converting leads.
- Delivering the exceptional levels of service that will lead to positive reviews through Google reviews and Trustpilot.
- Giving applicants and vendors regular feedback and updates; living the 'customer comes first' approach.
- Understanding and promoting additional services such as financial services and solicitors' referrals.
- Following service standards, sales/lettings process, policies and procedures along with all relevant legislation.
- Comply with all company and statutory legislation, including Estate Agent Act 1979 and Customer Protection Regulations 2008.
- Support customers through sales/lettings process, managing transactions.
- Sales progression on all sold properties, ensuring timely completions.
- Maintaining the branch, sales area, window cards and general office presentation.
- Assist the new homes team to sell properties off plan, attend open days and site meetings where required.
- To ensure compliance with the Group's Health and Safety policies.
- To undertake relevant Continuing Professional Development applicable to their professional body and be prepared to undertake training as directed.
- The post holder may be directed by their line manger to carry out other duties and responsibilities in line with his/her post, grade, skills, knowledge and experience.
- Conduct sales market appraisals where required to do so.
- The courage and curiosity to take considered risks as well as the thoroughness to make informed decisions. You recover quickly from challenges and setbacks.
- Self-motivation to set high standards and embrace new challenges. Your passion for moving ahead - and bringing people with you - makes everyone feel part of something special.
- You fully understand required outcomes and you make them happen by employing the resources, tools and actions that will deliver the right results, at the right time.
- You create a positive place to work by supporting and challenging your colleagues with respect and positivity.
- Proven track record in a sales environment.
- NAEA/ARLA/NFOPP Qualification (desirable, not essential).
- Ability to work positively alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate appropriately with people at all levels.
- Evidence of working flexibly and adapting to changing requirements.
- Experience of working in partnership with other agencies.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy in dealing with and resolving dispute situations.
- An understanding of excellence in customer service.
- The post holder may on occasion be required to travel to other offices, do property viewings etc, sometimes out of hours, and therefore must have the ability to travel to other offices and locations which may not be easily accessible by public transport.
Please apply with an up to date CV today.