Somerset, United Kingdom
23 November 2020
22 January 2021
Job Title - Section Engineer
Location - South West
Salary - £40,000 - £50,000 + car allowance and package
Client / Role
Cobalt is working with a Tier One Contractors working and supporting EDF on the Hinkley Point C nuclear new build project. They are looking for a Construction manager to manage individual large-scale requirements. You will be responsible for leading and managing a team on site to deliver the main civils package of works comprising of large reinforced concrete structures.
Section Engineers key responsibilities and specific accountabilities:
* Produce and gain approval on method statements, risk assessments and task sheets to enable safe systems of work to be implemented. Review methods with a view to making improvements.
* Reviews how achievable, suitable and compatible the specified tolerances are and arranges amendments as required.
* Supervises and provides training to ensure competence of those carrying out dimensional control tasks. Provides advice and assistance in resolution of survey and dimensional control issues
* Is responsible for ensuring and leading a 'right first time' culture.
* Ensures that all step within the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) are carried out correctly, ensuring compliance with the process.
* Ensures that any changes, request for information or non-conformances (NCR) are raised
* correctly and closed out in a timely manner so as not to impact site works. Ensure appropriate controls are applied to prevent reoccurrence.
* Takes responsibility for ensuring that company and project quality requirements procedures are implemented.
* Ensures that up-to-date construction information is distributed to all relevant parties to be used at all times.
* Disseminates construction information to sub-contractors, foremen and operatives
* Sets up mechanisms to inform the engineering team of changes as they occur
* Ensure that relevant as-built information is collected and collated.
* Ensure correct materials, products, plant and systems are used /installed in accordance with project specifications and manufacturer's specifications
* Where required prepare weekly programmes and monitor site progress against them.
* Produce productivity and wastage reports and the review of simple outputs against target costs
* Take off and produce requisitions for materials to be delivered to site ensuring compliance with the standards and specifications.
* Evaluates alternative solutions to find the best solution, initiates 3d modelling to develop methods,clarify issues and resolve method related problems
* Is instrumental in finding alternative solutions to existing methods and practices to improve productivity, quality or safety helping to create best practice
* Carries out the role of Temporary Works Supervisor (TWS) for complex temporary works ensuring compliance with company procedures.
Essential skills & knowledge:
* Understanding of civil engineering projects / complex projects
* Experience of reinforced concrete in a direct delivery role
* Experience of managing people in project environments
* Provide value engineering in determining the best solutions to engineering problems
* A strong communicator with the ability to present to the team and co-workers
* Capable of building an effective team while Inspiring, challenging and motivating others.
* Ensures timely decision making, driven off data
* Demonstrates commitment to work to processes
* Seeks to minimise waste in resources and materials
* Presents a professional image and promotes the values of the project
Education & Qualifications:
* Must hold a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for an experienced Section Engineer to make their mark on Europes biggest project. If you feel that this is the job for you, please apply with your latest CV.