£70,000 - £90,000 per annum + excellent benefits package
18 December 2023
16 February 2024
Job Title - Lead Planner - HPC
Location - Bridgewater
Salary - Up to 90k plus travel allowance and onsite accommodation
We are looking for a Civil / Infrastructure Lead Planner based in Bristol/onsite at Bridgewater. The role will be working on a major project in an exciting sector with an internationally recognised consultancy.
It is the overarching objective of the integrated project controls (IPC) function to act as a centre of excellence: the intelligent owners of the single source of delivery performance information, operating as an integrated enabler for the successful delivery of the project.
The role reports to the lead planning engineer, who in turn reports to either the IPC scheduling manager (central) or to the PCM for the programme with a functional report to the IPC scheduling manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Supporting the IPC scheduling manager and/or PCM in the implementation and maintenance of project controls processes for scheduling, including the production of monthly reports, through the provision of intelligent information and analysis.
* Collaborating with other disciplines of project controls, as well as other project support functions, to help deliver project goals in keeping with the client's principles of trust, transparency and teamwork.
* Maintaining an awareness of schedule interfaces with other programmes and their potential impact.
* Producing and maintaining the schedule baseline IWS in Primavera 6 (P6), with fully logic-linked work plans aligned to the work breakdown structures (WBS) and utilising approved construction techniques.
* Ensuring the level 2 IWS is updated to an agreed timeframe for monthly reporting.
* Ensuring the level 3 schedules are updated when required to reflect work progress and performance, to an agreed timeframe defined by the central controls team,
* Ensuring that contractor schedules are produced in accordance with processes and ensure that they align to the IWS forecast position.
* Maintaining daily and weekly work planning in the 4D model.
* Providing quality checks on the scheduling data.
* Identifying, evaluating and providing solutions to time-related issues.
* Coordinating and producing schedule reports to a defined reporting cycle.
* Assisting in the trend and change process, including analysis of schedule impact, generating performance indicators and providing feedback on areas of risk and opportunities.
* Adhering to project governance and scheduling standards and procedures.
* Ensuring all project documents, in particular sensitive nuclear information, are correctly protectively marked, and protected in accordance with the client's policies and procedures.
You have HND or equivalent qualification in engineering, construction or another related field. You have a detailed understanding of scheduling methodologies and techniques. You have a technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement and construction methods and techniques in a UK context, and you have the ability to produce accurate, complete and fully logic-linked construction plans.
You have experience and knowledge in the use of scheduling software, ideally Primavera P6 version 7 and above. You have experience on a major construction project and you can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams. You have proven relevant experience in project management or project controls environment in a similar scheduling role in a construction or consultancy background within the nuclear sector and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities our client has to offer.
You MUST be a UK resident for the last 5 years and not hold any dual citizenship