£35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + strong benefits
22 February 2021
23 April 2021
Position: Temporary Works Design Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 DOE
A highly respected family-run specialist Temporary Works consultancy requires a Temporary Works Engineer on a permanent basis.
Due to a number of recent project wins and ongoing major projects, my client has a requirement for a Temporary Works Design Engineer with strong experience across a broad scope of Temporary Works.
You will be involved in the concept design and development of temporary works schemes for a wide
variety of structural and geotechnical projects. This will involve analysis using basic engineering
principles, modern assessment techniques and proprietary product information. Design output will
include calculations and drawings to submit to clients.
* Producing design calculations
* Producing sketches, construction drawing and reports
* Liaising with architects, builders and clients to define the project requirements
* Site visits to include measuring up for design work
* Working to British Standards and Eurocodes for analysis
* Completing necessary office paperwork ready for invoicing
* Any other duties reasonably associated with the role
* BEng/MSc (or equivalent) Civil/Structural/Geotechnical Engineering
* Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership with ICE / IStructE
Experience in the design of temporary works including the following:
* Crane bases and piling platforms
* Retaining structures
* Slope stabilisation
* Demolition works
* Temporary propping
* This role will allow the successful candidate to work towards becoming a Chartered Engineer.
* Training will be provided for the maintenance of CPD and other technical courses for career development.
* There will also be the opportunity to increase your range of experience to industrial and domestic projects and structural surveys.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Temporary Works Engineer to progress their career on the consultancy side; to apply for this position, please submit your CV in Word format.