£55,000 - £85,000 per annum + negotiable + competitive
19 January 2024
19 March 2024
Cobalt are proud to be exclusively partnered with a property developer and strategic land promoter who works across the Eastern region. Very well-funded and with a highly successful and established team, they are seeking a Town Planning Manager to lead on the promotion of sites through the Local Plan process, and assist on some development management of sites.
With a lean team of various experts, this is an additional role to the existing staff as part of their investment and growth strategy in 2024, and represents an excellent opportunity for the right individual. The business is a housebuilder but also promotes sites that they keep some of, and dispose of the rest of the site to other local housebuilders - all across the Essex, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Norfolk region.
You will be involved in (among other responsibilities):
· The strategic land promotion of sites and putting in Local Plan representations.
· Dealing with pre-apps and manage planning applications through the development process.
· Liaising with colleagues internally as well as managing external consultants and Planning Officers.
· Monitoring Local Plan representations and changes in policy to identify potential opportunity areas.
· Attending meetings for Planning Committee, Consultations and similar events in representation of both the Company and clients through the planning process.
You will ideally:
· Have a Town Planning or Property Development degree (ideally RTPI or RICS accredited).
· Have at least eight years in a consultancy, or client-side role, although local authority will be considered.
· Excellent communication and written skills.
· Be dedicated and keen to make a successful career for yourself.
In reward for the hard work, you will receive a salary, private healthcare and benefits package, with a car allowance and bonus package.
Please apply here or give me (Kate) a call to discuss. My client is looking to find the right candidate as soon as possible - so if in doubt, do get in touch. I also have other clients and roles that may be of interest.
If you do not hear anything back within one week, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but I will retain your details for future roles.