London, Greater London
03 May 2022
02 July 2022
This is an opportunity to join one of the globe's most respected Real Estate Private Equity players as an Asset Manager at the VP level. The firm currently manages over US$50 billion in assets across North America and Europe and is generally focused on alternative asset classes.
The firm's private market funds have focused extensively on investing in needs- based segments of the real estate market including education, healthcare, life sciences, digital, built to rent / multi-family, and storage real estate, which exhibit demonstrable demand drivers, favorable demographic trends, resilient income profiles and fragmentation of ownership.
The business is looking to recruit a professional to manage key relationships in the educational asset management function across its European portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity for a bright, self-starting and technically strong asset manager to work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment as part of a small, but growing team in London. The successful candidate will join an expanding platform.
Based in London and reporting into the Head of Student Housing Asset Management for Europe, the Asset Management Vice President will be responsible for managing all aspects of educational, purpose-built student accommodation ("PBSA") asset management. The successful candidate will be the point-person for anything related to PBSA assets including dispositions, any equity or debt management points, JV partner management and so on.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Strong understanding experience working in operational real asset classes, real estate private equity firms, investment/asset managers, and/or developers/operators.
· Strong financial modelling, communication skills
· Development, management and execution of asset and JV level business plans, including…
o Refinance and debt workouts
o Leasing and revenue management strategies
o Operational performance
o Hold/Sell analyses
· Complex negotiations with partners, advisors, and service providers
· Contribute to direction of the PBSA strategy for the European business
· Market review, competitive analysis, contribute to geography / market strategy
· Regular and varied communication with JV partners (reporting, budgets, market intel)
· Investor reporting
· Production of Investment Committee memoranda
· On-boarding of assets and partners added to the portfolio through acquisition and/or development
· Travel for partner meetings, market intelligence and/or site visits will be required
· Good degree (2:1 or better) in a relevant subject
· Strong experience in real estate from private equity, investment banking, investment management or corporate finance companies
· Experience/exposure to operational real estate and/or alternative sectors (e.g., student accommodation, BTR/PRS) is essential
· Work experience with institutional real estate private equity firms, investment/asset managers, and/or developers/operators
· Proven Excel modelling skills, able to build financial and cashflow models from scratch, audit models and work product from junior staff,
· Leadership and mentoring abilities to help manage junior staff
· Excellent communication skills with a fluency in both written and spoken English