14 June 2021
13 August 2021
This is an opportunity to join the debt advisory arm of a market leading commercial real estate services and investment firm. The team offers some of the most comprehensive real estate finance services in EMEA and they have seen extensive growth over the past few years. A vacancy has now arisen for an Associate to work alongside a couple of senior individuals with a focus on structuring debt solutions for clients in the operational real estate space. The role requires the ability to work in a team environment, evidencing strong communication skills and having an excellent understanding of financial modelling.Â The role also requires the individual to have excellent written and presentation skills, good organisation skills and knowledge and experience of closing debt transactions.Â This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual seeking to make a significant impact within a large financial services group by assisting in the continued growth of a dynamic financial advisory business.
- Providing advice to clients on financing development and investment transactions in the UK and Europe across operational real estate.
- Preparing detailed financial analyses across all sectors of the real estate market including both development and investment assets.
- Preparing market leading collateral and financing memorandums.
- Analyse and interpret financial information, P&L, cashflow statements, occupational leases, research data, finance facility / loan documents, cost consultant reports, corporate structures and common cross-border considerations in order to determine financial underwriting assumptions.
- Preparation of financial models.
- Carrying out interrogation and audits of models produced by others.
- Conduct scenario analysis at property, portfolio, financial structure and vehicle level.Â
- ACA, CFA or similar qualification (e.g. CAIA) and/or experience in Investment Banking or Consulting, and/or other similar experience that meets the expected understanding required for the role.
- Previous exposure to real estate businesses, assets, and vehicles highly preferred; otherwise, a demonstrated interest, ability and willingness to pursue a career within real estate.
- Understanding of debt raising process and previous exposure to operating real estate asset class: hotel, healthcare, student accommodation etc.
- Highly numerate and able to grasp complex investment scenarios.
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team.
- Exposure to investment, value add and development finance lending situations is a plus.
- Transaction management experience, from enquiries for finance through due diligence to a successful loan investment.
- Ability to undertake financial analysis, stress-testing and sensitivity analysis on possible investments.