North Yorkshire, Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
22 December 2023
20 February 2024
Cobalt Recruitment are working with a fantastic Healthcare organisation in North Yorkshire to recruit a permanent Estates Operations Engineer (Electrical bias), offering an annual salary of £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.
The successful candidate will be supporting more senior officers within the Directorate in ensuring that maintenance operations, repairs, revenue schemes and minor improvement works are completed promptly, to an acceptable quality standard and in the most cost efficient manner available and for planning the execution of maintenance, including balancing the priorities and demands of defect and breakdown work. The post holder will be responsible for the selection, deployment and management in all respects of the resources necessary to complete the works/projects delegated, subject only to cost limitations specified by the Operations Manager. This will include direct labour, contract labour, materials and stores and also those elements of training and record keeping necessary for the proper management of these resources and the legal requirements/responsibilities implicit within those duties. Line management responsibility for Supervisors and tradestaff.
The operational nature of the post will require a variety of schemes/maintenance activities/repairs to be carried out in periods that fall outside normal working hours. This could be due to an emergency situation, major breakdown, sudden system failure, access difficulties, untoward occurrences or for other operational reasons. The post holder shall be prepared to work at unusual hours when required in relation to such situations/occurrences to ensure that required safety measures are in place and that appropriate levels of management and supervision are present. Where situations are of an urgent or emergency nature the post holder will be put under considerable pressure and will be expected to discharge their duties in a calm and professional manner.
You will have/be:
- HNC/HND in a relevant discipline, eg Electrical Engineering or Building Services.
- Served a recognised trade apprenticeship or a period of formal training in a Building Services environment.
- Good knowledge of building service types, components and applications.
- Strong knowledge of safe working practices in a maintenance or contract environment.
- Knowledge of relevant Health Technical Memorandum as applied to the hospital environment.
- Recognised HTM Authorised Person qualification (desired).
- Relevant recent experience of operating and maintenance of building services and major plant with a minimum of five years post training experience.
- Computer literate, with experience in Word, Excel, CAD, Power Point, Microsoft Project etc.
- Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude to work with an ability to look beyond the immediate horizons of job, task or situation.
- Possess good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- Team leadership skills.
If this is something of interest or you would like to have a more detailed conversation about the position, please apply for the role or contact Connor Humpage on 020 7478 2554 / 07714230479.