Up to £30000.00 per annum
15 May 2020
14 July 2020
Key role for a large Build to Rent Development, based in Birmingham City Centre
Up to £30,000 plus a discretionary annual bonus
My client is a leading provider of services to several Build to Rent clients across the UK. They are currently seeing a Lettings Manager to oversee and take the lead on the leasing phase of a large Build to Rent scheme in the heart of the city centre.
Reporting to the General Manager, the appointed Lettings Manager will ensure staff are always trained to provide the highest levels of customer service to residents and prospective tenants. This list is not exhaustive, but some of the day to day responsibilities will include:
- Undertake regular rent analysis of the local market, completing monthly reports to provide to the client including recommendations regarding conditions and approach.
- Carry out inspections within one week of a tenant serving notice, reporting back to General Manager in writing outlining works required in order that these are completed swiftly for new occupation.
- Coordinate the online marketing of available apartments, including writing descriptions, checking listings, updating photographs to ensure the listings remain fresh.
- Seek and build corporate relationships with relocation agents, City employers and other agents to generate lettings enquiries.
- Work closely with General Manager to ensure that works and other requirements for tenancies commencing and terminating are completed on time and in full.
- Provide regular letting performance reports.
- Undertake regular meetings with the on-site team to discuss development progress and ideas, whilst delivering any necessary training and development that is needed to the team.
- Maintain databases and reports to ensure prices are correct, both asking against voids and achieved against tenancies.
- Work with client-specific leasing software to increase rents and decrease voids.
- Appraise apartments and advise the client as to accuracy of rents generated through client-specific leasing software.
- Utilise existing relationships with tenants to support credit control with arrears, assisting with their collections and help to manage the overall bad debt for the development, contributing to NOI and the overall rental return on the asset.
- Maintain relationships with external agents instructed to contribute to proactive leasing of the development.
The appointed Lettings Manager must possess relevant experience of working within a busy lettings environment, demonstrating a track record of target-based performance and a thorough working knowledge of lettings best practice. As this role requires a positive, can-do attitude to customer service, along with a strong desire to learn more about portfolio management, this position would suit a Lettings Manager or a Senior Negotiator who is ready to move into management, with a desire to add depth and progression to their career. The ARLA accreditation would be advantageous but is not essential.
This is a truly excellent time to be joining a business who engage with Build to Rent clients renowned for delivering quality schemes. A competitive salary, bonus and benefits package is available to the appointed candidate.
Please apply online, outlining your suitability for this position.