£80000 - £100000 per annum + car allowance, bonus
30 April 2021
29 June 2021
Job Title - Planning Manager / Senior Planner
Location - London
Project - Residential (Major Projects)
Salary - £85,000 / £110 ,000 + Bonus + package
The Client / Project
Cobalt is working with a global contractor that have an opportunity for a Planning Manager / Senior planners to join their already successful Major Projects team working on a £300m regeneration project in London. The project includes residential units, some commercial / retails and leisure facilities., so the right candidate with have a background within residential (ideally from a contractor) as well as knowledge of NEC contracts.
Manage the planning and monitoring of projects to which they are assigned throughout all project stages. Work with the operations team to develop the most efficient project methodology and execute the timely delivery of a project. Identify any rectification actions required and influence the parties responsible to complete these actions.
- Develop the project plan, programme and planning report in accordance with our clients planning procedures
- In conjunction with the project team, develop the preconstruction and construction methodology to enable the most efficient and effective delivery of the project
- At agreed regular intervals report project progress against the contract and delivery programmes
- Support the project team in the creation and statusing of medium and short range programmes
- Produce a weekly project dashboard to provide weekly updates on progress and key issues
- Act as the project conscience and the project directors right hand man advising on critical issues and strategy as appropriate
- Assist in chairing the weekly planning meeting to coordinate project programmes, progress update, delay records and key forthcoming milestones
- Review change proposals for time impact
- Assess and record time impacts of delays - Event Analysis
- Record as built production rates and delays to provide benchmarking for future projects
- In conjunction with the BIM Coordinator, coordinate the 4D BIM model
- Facilitate project team understanding and ownership of the plan and programme
The Candidate Skills needed
- Educated within construction.
- NEC Experience
- Worked on Major projects
- Must have Construction built environment experience. Not M&E or Rail or Petrochem.
- Residential experience is essential ideally from a contracting environment not house builder or developer.
- Programme is in P6,
- Must have site experience.
If you feel that this is the right move for you, please apply with your up to date CV.