Sheffield, United Kingdom
£32000.00 - £36500 per annum
26 November 2020
18 January 2021
Salary up to £36,500
Minimum 2 days per week based in the office
My client provides affordable homes, social housing and supported housing in the North West and Yorkshire, with a vision to create great homes in great communities. Whilst social purpose is very much at the core of what they do, they balance this responsibly with a commercial perspective to ensure the vision is sustainable in the longer term.
There is a new requirement for an experienced professional whose main requirement will be the management of a well known listed building. It is a complex site with many different management arrangements so experience in block management and specifically with relation to residential management companies as well as commercial units would be preferable.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Property Manager will coordinate the delivery of an effective estate management and leasehold service to a portfolio of developments including a unique heritage estate. They will provide expertise and specialist advice on all aspects of managing leasehold and shared ownership properties ensuring a consistent and co-ordinated approach across all customer groups. The Property Manager will also have line management responsibilities for any scheme based employees within the portfolio of properties assigned to them.
- To deliver an effective, customer-focussed property management service to leaseholders, tenants and other key stakeholders
- Provide a high quality estate management service ensuring developments are well maintained in accordance with any particular specifications and management arrangements
- Ensure the prompt and efficient response to queries from customers regarding shared ownership and leasehold properties, rent and service charges in accordance with lease or legislative requirements
- Take ownership of the Leasehold and Shared Ownership policies and procedures to ensure that they are up to date with current legislation and that working practices are in line with group policies and best practice
- Work in partnership with the Customer Services Directorate to ensure prompt responses to queries across all customer groups, promoting a high level of engagement and encouraging resident involvement where possible
- Deal courteously and efficiently with enquiries concerning management and maintenance issues to schemes managed by Plumlife and to provide a high-quality, responsive and value-for-money housing management service to residents
- Carry out scheme walkabouts / inspections on a regular basis to ensure high standards of cleanliness, grounds maintenance, decoration. Having robust regard for areas of Health and safety and prompt action where necessary. Visit residents in their homes as part of the housing management service as required
- Communicate effectively, providing regular updates and relaying key information to ensure the management service is visible to customers. Attend residents meetings and AGM's as required
- Keep abreast of all Leasehold and Shared Ownership legislation, advise and provide ongoing training to the Customer Service Directorate team to ensure compliance and best practice whilst following policies and procedures
- Where necessary, ensure that services are adapted in line with the particular challenges posed by the special nature of maintaining a unique building or estate, adhering to relevant specification guides and operating manuals
- Recognition of situations where specialist technical support is required; coordination of third parties and subsequent works
- Ensure responsive and planned repairs carried out to properties are of a high standard, delivered well, within budget and in accordance with legislative requirements
- Take a leading role in planning major works, preventative maintenance and cyclical works in accordance with any operating manuals, specifications and particulars of the lease
- To prepare documents in preparation leading to FTT or court proceedings and attendance at such hearings.
- Ensuring that a customer focused service is provided; communicating with customers in a style of their preference
- Ensure a value-for-money property management service is delivered to all lease holders and shared owners
- Prepare and monitor budgets, service charge accounts, Section 20 consultation
- To ensure new tenants and leaseholders are aware of all matters relating to the tenancy agreement / lease from their initial occupation of accommodation and to advise on leasehold matters during their period of ownership
- Investigate all ASB complaints, neighbour disputes and other housing management problems and pursue appropriate action including enforcement measures
- To be responsible for the day to day management of local staff as required; caretakers, cleaners etc.
- To perform any other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required
This is an urgent requirement - interviews will be organised on a case by case basis with a view to an immediate appointment. Please apply with your CV.