£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + car allowance, qualifications
24 March 2021
23 May 2021
Block Property Manager
Up to £25,000 + car allowance
My client is an award winning national managing agent experiencing growth, and is now seeking a new Property Manager for its flagship office. If you have little to no experience in block management, but can demonstrate a keenness for the industry, you will be considered - especially if coming from a customer-facing background.
- Deliver property management service in accordance with the management contract, the block lease and RICS codes of practice.
- Deal with telephone calls from residents/lessees reporting maintenance issues and providing them with answers to enquires about the estate, always ensuring issues are closed out and advised to the resident as well as assisting in the process of issuing notices to residents.
- Dealing with correspondence letters, e-mails and voicemails. Meeting residents and client's expectations through exceptional customer service.
- Liaising with internal maintenance division. Co-ordinate and make appointments throughout the day for maintenance tasks by prioritising high risk tasks.
- Procurement of external contractors, preparing specifications, obtaining tenders and awarding contracts. Always ensuring value for money (tendering in line with company procedures)
- Valuing and approving contractor applications for payment
- Maintain a register of all utilities and insurances and assist with the procurement for new supplies and at the time of renewal.
- Deal with pre-contract enquiries from solicitors. Dealing with legal enquiries/transfers and the submission of LPE1's.
- Preparation of necessary reports for Property Management, Client Board and AGM's
- Oversee day to day maintenance of leasehold properties, contracted and cyclical maintenance.
- Take responsibility and be accountable for agreed targets and policies - ensuring compliance with legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Manage on-site staff and associated relevant employment issues.
- Issue and ensure collection of service charge and ground rent arrears.
- Produce budgets, including reserve funding for the forthcoming years for Board approval.
- Manage the portfolio arrears levels and credit control procedures taking steps to meet agreed targets and understanding reasons for variations
- Carry out regular site visits to ensure all buildings are in good order. Ensure Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and that General and Fire risk assessment recommendations are implemented across the team.
- Have and continually update legal knowledge and understanding of relevant leasehold, Landlord and Tenant Act, Section 20 Notices and related lease restrictions and covenant issues.
- Experience in block property management preferable
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passionate about customer service excellence
- Financial acumen
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience of using a database system
This is a renowned business and an opportunity to develop a career within the block management industry under real specialists.