£38000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
15 December 2020
13 February 2021
Senior Block Property Manager
My client, specialising in property development, property lettings and property management operating throughout the country, is recruiting for a Senior Property Manager to join their team. This ambitious and fast-growing organisation operates the block and property management function of the group, with around £5m of Residential and Student service charges currently under management in the UK.
The ideal candidate will have experience of Property Management and leading teams within a property environment, including handling service charges, an understanding of leasehold management and an awareness of compliance regulations. A strong focus on customer service is required, for internal and external stakeholders at all levels. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing a the existing Property Management team of 5 staff, and improving processes in close conjunction with the Executive Board. An IRPM qualification is desired, AIRPM or preferably MIRPM, or RICS equivalent.
- Develop, implement and maintain Property Management processes, in line with business strategies.
- Take a leading role within the Property Management team, responsible for overseeing staff and site management.
- Preparation of annual service charge budgets, management of H&S and insurance compliance.
- Day to day management of sites, particularly with regard to high profile or high value works.
- Assist with preparation of service charge proposals and tender / bid documents for new business, alongside the BDM and Directors.
- Manage communications with various potential client groups including developers, right to manage (RTM) company contacts and resident management company (RMC) directors.
- Reporting to Directors on progress, business performance and compliance.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK property development or management market.
- Understanding of Property Management, including leasehold and compliance issues.
- IRPM qualifications desired, ideally to Member / MIRPM level, although Associate / AIRPM considered, with suitable experience. Study support for this and any other relevant qualifications will be provided.
- Excellent relationship building skills, both internally and externally, at all levels.
- Experience of managing a team of staff, workloads and projects.
- Knowledge of a Property management systems:- MRI Qube PM, Propman or similar.
- Experience of Major Works, Section 20 consultations, Fire Safety works, cladding issues.
- Working knowledge of ARMA guidelines and requirements.
- Previous experience as Senior Property Manager/Team Leader.
The role will require national travel.