£35000 - £55000 per annum + negotiable, benefits, bonus
03 January 2024
03 March 2024
Cobalt are proud to be exclusively partnered with a property developer and strategic land promoter who works across the Yorkshire region. Very well-funded and with a highly successful and established team, they are seeking a Town Planning Manager to lead on the promotion of sites through the Local Plan process.
With a lean team of various experts, this is an additional role to the existing staff as part of their investment and growth strategy in 2024, and represents an excellent opportunity for the right individual. They have three parts of the business - an existing and growing pipeline/landbank with private landowners; individual JVs with strategic partners in the region and nationally; and finally a key major partner who they are disposing over 1000 acres of land for. The business historically have built out sites and continue to build some, but predominantly promote sites for planning value and dispose of them to residential developers across the North and wider UK.
You will be involved in (among other responsibilities):
· The strategic land promotion of sites and putting in Local Plan representations.
· Dealing with pre-apps and manage planning applications through the development process.
· Liaising with colleagues internally as well as managing external consultants and Planning Officers.
· Monitoring Local Plan representations and changes in policy to identify potential opportunity areas.
· Attending meetings for Planning Committee, Consultations and similar events in representation of both the Company and clients through the planning process.
You will ideally:
· Have a Town Planning or Property Development degree (ideally RTPI or RICS accredited).
· Have at least three years in a consultancy, planning policy or client-side role.
· Excellent communication and written skills.
· Be dedicated and keen to make a successful career for yourself.
In reward for the hard work, you will receive a salary, private healthcare and benefits package, with a car allowance and bonus package.
Please apply here or give me (Kate) a call to discuss. My client is looking to find the right candidate as soon as possible - so if in doubt, do get in touch. I also have other clients and roles that may be of interest.
If you do not hear anything back within one week, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but I will retain your details for future roles.