Highly competitive + bonus + carry
17 May 2021
16 July 2021
We are working on behalf of one of the most exciting up and coming European infrastructure & energy PE funds based in Switzerland to hire a Vice President. Our client has developed a highly regarded name and have adopted the strategy of investing in green and brownfield opportunities, taking majority style investments and working in partnership with the senior management of portfolio companies to develop their strategies and developments.
This is an excellent opportunity for a mid to senior-level and top-tier renewable energy investment banking professional to join a highly regarded fund with excellent career development opportunity and the chance to regularly invest and build an impressive deal sheet.
The VP will;
- Play a key role originating and executing investments in the renewable energy, power and utilities space across Europe.
- Regularly interact with investment bankers, industry professionals, developers and investors to generate investment leads and opportunities.
- Take full responsibility for the execution of transactions, including overseeing junior members of the team to build financial models and valuations.
- Lead due diligence processes whilst overseeing and managing external advisers.
- Play a key role in presenting opportunities to the Investment Committee.
- Work closely with the senior management of portfolio companies to develop their strategies and operations to increase their value.
- Provide training to junior members of the team as and when needed.
Interested candidate must;
- Be currently sitting in a VP or Director position within the Renewable Energy Team of either an international investment bank, fund, advisory firm or corporate.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the European renewable energy market.
- Demonstrate proven deal experience in leading the origination and execution of transactions.
- Have an excellent technical skill set with the ability to build financial models from scratch, conduct due diligence and valuations.
- Hold a finance, engineering or related degree from a highly regarded university.
- Be fluent in English and a second European language.
This is an excellent opportunity and the criteria listed above will be strictly applied. If you feel you meet the requirements, you are respectfully requested to submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Cobalt are specialists in the Infrastructure Finance market.