Up to £22000.00 per annum
06 January 2021
07 March 2021
Rota Monday to Sunday, 5 days per week, 9 hours per day with an hour for lunch
An exciting position with one of the UK's leading Build to Rent investor developers has become available for a brand new residential site in Manchester. The company has won several awards (including Property Company of the Year) and have gone from strength to strength with a real focus on delivering exceptional homes and brilliant customer service. They are proud of what they do, how well they do it and of the people that work for them. This is an opportunity to be part of the team at a newly launched residential development.
Providing a high quality service, undertaking repairs and maintenance tasks, and ensuring all common areas are maintained to the highest standard of repair and cleanliness. Contributing to an exceptional resident experience through the provision of a high standard of repairs and maintenance. Acting as the main point of contact for residents, demonstrating politeness, an approachable manner, high levels of motivation and professionalism at all times.
- Works as part of a team, supporting and respecting other team members to deliver exceptional resident experience on the site.
- Communicate professionally with residents, contractors and colleagues, demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and using initiative to respond accordingly.
- Maintain a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary and resource parameters.
- Monitor the electronic maintenance reporting system ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard, quickly and efficiently whilst within reasonable time scales - corresponding with tenants when required.
- Maintain adequate levels of spares, stock and supplies, ensuring effective forward planning.
- Undertake repair and maintenance tasks to a high quality including plumbing; joinery and carpentry; painting/decorating; maintenance of lighting and required statutory testing.
- Understand and respond to health and safety matters in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Move furniture and heavy items from location to location on site as required.
- On vacation of flats, assist with the inspection and completion of relevant forms detailing condition of flat, advise on any repairs to be undertaken and any rubbish or furniture remaining for clearance which should then be arranged.
- Void turns of vacant units including painting and decorating, effecting any repairs such as changing locks, adding curtain tracks, putting in new worktops and fitting possible new doors to kitchen units (all kitchens and bathrooms are fitted with DIY units).
- Ensure all common parts of the site including refuse and recycling facilities are frequently inspected and maintained to the highest standards of repair & cleanliness.
- Co-ordinate Contractors/Suppliers executing minor works contract on site.
- Monitor sub-contractors performance is to the required minimum standard and retain accurate records of their site operations including all relevant RAMS & Permits to Work.
- Highlight and assist with the management of any community works.
- Assist the Management in key management ensuring high levels of security at all times.
- Accompany external contractors whilst on site in line with key management and access to accommodation policies and practice.
- Ensure annual checks are carried out for each Contractor's statutory insurance and qualifications.
- Ensure the gardens and grounds to the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required
- Manage & maintain all statutory testing records.
- Carry out annual PAT testing and inspections of emergency lighting, weekly fire alarm tests and fire evacuations.
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with Company and safe systems of work guidelines.
- Report any incidents or accidents using the correct system and documentation.
- Review site risk assessments.
- Look to maximise efficiency of utilities.
- Demonstrable written and numerical skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of H&S requirements on site and ability to comply with such. Previous experience of undertaking and completing Risk Assessments is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and implementation of COSHH legislation.
- Continually strives to improve knowledge, skills and abilities to produce the best results.
- A recognised trade qualification, Building Crafts Operative Certificate, City and Guilds or NVQ relevant to undertaking repairs and maintenance in a residential building is essential.
- Certified to conduct electrical repairs, and experience of completing PAT tests is essential.
- Experience of undertaking repairs and maintenance in a domestic residential environment or as a general builder /residential construction in the following trades; plumber, electrician or carpenter.
- Compliance with all operating systems, policies and procedures.
- Helpful, friendly personality with effective communication skills.
- Behave in a professional, courteous and helpful manner towards colleagues and residents at all times.
- Be a positive advocate for change, highlighting and implementing business improvement initiatives.
- Adopt a team work approach.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Positive attitude and ability to work with little supervision.
- Smart in appearance, complying with stated appearance code.
- Ability to determine cost effective solutions to repairs.
- Contractor & Supplier Supervision skills are desirable.
Interviews ASAP with a view to appointing as quickly as possible.